UI Artist and UX Designer
Location: Coventry, UK
Hours: Full-time (38.75hrs/w)
Sector: Aviation and Simulation
Aurrigo is a leading international authority on transport technology solutions.
Aurrigo design, build and deploy autonomous vehicles in the UK, Europe, Asia-Pacific and North America. This role will be based at Aurrigo’s headquarters in Coventry, UK within the Advanced Engineering Centre where you will be working on Auto-Sim an ever-evolving cloud-based simulation package aimed at assisting the aviation sector in proving business cases for new airport investment.
What you will do?
As a UI Artist and UX Designer you will:
• Improve the UX for our AUTO-SIM software package and ensure that the experience is user friendly and intuitive.
• Design, develop and create user interface layouts and components for our AUTO-SIM software package, using 2D Image Creation software packages.
• Use Game Engines to implement your UX flow with the UI components that you have created.
• Collaborate with other members of the team, including visualisation and backend engineers, to make the client experience as seamless as possible.
• Assist our3D artists by creating textures and applying them to 3D assets, where necessary
What we require from you
• Bachelor’s degree / Master’s Degree in 2D Art, Design or equivalent vocational qualification.
• Ability to understand and adapt to a brief and follow pre-existing Aurrigo Branding and design practices.
• Experience using the Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator and XD. Experience with alternatives such as GIMP and Inkscape as an alternative to Adobe CC are also beneficial.
• A portfolio with examples of previous work.
What we prefer from you
• Experience with 2D Art and Design and creating intuitive user interfaces.
• Experience with Game Engines and 3D asset creation software.
• An interest in Aviation and Autonomous Vehicles overall.
What skills we are looking for
• A creative mind for building and streamlining interfaces into effective experiences for the user
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to work around limitations or issues
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and engage with interested parties and project stakeholders at demonstrations
• A collaborative work ethic to drive solutions alongside the rest of the Simulation and Visualisation Team.
AU- UK-SIM-REC-02 1 20/09/2022
UNIT 33 BILTON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
HUMBER AVENUE, COVENTRY, CV3 1JL. UK
0044 (0)24 7663 5818