Visualisation Engineer (Game Engines)
Location: Coventry, UK
Hours: Full-time (38.75hrs/w)
Sector: Aviation and Simulation
Aurrigo is a leading international authority on transport technology solutions.
Aurrigo design, build and deploy autonomous vehicles in the UK, Europe, Asia-Pacific and North America. This role will be based at Aurrigo’s headquarters in Coventry, UK within the Advanced Engineering Centre where you will be working on Auto-Sim an ever-evolving cloud-based simulation package aimed at assisting the aviation sector in proving business cases for new airport investment.
What you will do?
As a Visualisation Engineer, you will:
• Good software engineering fundamentals and practical experience
• Support new and existing clients, liaise with them and ensure their needs are met.
• Troubleshoot simulation bugs and work with other team members to determine root causes of visual discrepancies in the simulation code.
• Write code in a clean and effective manner, with an eye to future scalability.
• Collaborate on roadmaps for developing new functionality which can be presented to the whole team.
What we require from you
• Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Game Programming, STEM or equivalent vocational qualification.
• Exposure to good software engineering fundamentals and practical experience in software development.
• Experience in working with Game Engines, primarily Godot (Rough Python framework), Unity Engine and Unreal Engine (Fundamentals)
• Experience using SQL databases and queries.
• Support new and existing clients, liaise with them and ensure that their needs are met.
What we prefer from you
• Experience with any of the following: C#, C++, Python.
• An interest in aviation and autonomous overall.
What skills we are looking for
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to build self-contained modules and to troubleshoot issues
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and engage with interested parties and project stakeholders at demonstrations
• A collaborative work ethic to drive solutions alongside the rest of the Simulation and Visualisation Team.
AU-UK-SIM-REC-03 1 20/09/2022
UNIT 33 BILTON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
HUMBER AVENUE, COVENTRY, CV3 1JL. UK
0044 (0)24 7663 5818