Core Simulation Engineer
Core Simulation Engineer (Python)
Location: Coventry, UK
Hours: Full-time (38.75hrs/w)
Sector: Aviation and Simulation
Aurrigo is a leading international authority on transport technology solutions.
Aurrigo design, build and deploy autonomous vehicles in the UK, Europe, Asia-Pacific and North America. This role will be based at Aurrigo’s headquarters in Coventry, UK within the Advanced Engineering Centre where you will be working on Auto-Sim an ever-evolving cloud-based simulation package aimed at assisting the aviation sector in proving business cases for new airport investment.
What you will do?
As a Core Simulation Engineer, you will:
• Develop new Python modules to enhance the fidelity of our simulations, and work closely with other members of the team to integrate this into simulation configuration and visualisation functions as necessary.
• Maintain and refactor existing modules to ensure the simulation is as accurate to the real world as possible.
• Troubleshoot simulation bugs and work with visualisation engineers to determine root causes of visual discrepancies in the simulation code.
• Write code in a clean and effective manner, with an eye to future scalability.
• Collaborate on roadmaps for developing new functionality which can be presented to the whole team.
What we require from you
• Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Game Programming, STEM or equivalent vocational qualification.
• A strong understanding of Object Orientated Programming in Python.
• Experience using SQL databases and queries.
• Support new and existing clients, liaise with them and ensure that their needs are met.
What we prefer from you
• Experience using cloud-based services such as AWS.
• Exposure to game engines.
• An interest in aviation and autonomous overall
What skills we are looking for
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to build self-contained modules and to troubleshoot issues
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and engage with interested parties and project stakeholders at demonstrations
• A collaborative work ethic to drive solutions alongside the rest of the Simulation and Visualisation Team.
AU-UK-SIM-REC-03 1 20/09/2022
UNIT 33 BILTON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
HUMBER AVENUE, COVENTRY, CV3 1JL. UK
0044 (0)24 7663 5818