Salary: £9.00 /hour
Job Role: Safety Marshal, Ovingdean (Brighton).
Closing date for applications is 23:59 Sunday 23rd June 2019, telephone interviews to be held on Thursday 27th and Friday 28th June 2019, final face-to-face interviews (on-site) w/c 1st July.
Aurrigo is a division of RDM Group. Aurrigo design, build and deploy autonomous vehicles in the UK, Europe, Asia-Pacific and North America. Our vehicles are developed and manufactured in Coventry, UK.
Aurrigo have deployed a vehicle at the Blind Veterans UK Brighton Facility. To support this deployment, we are recruiting a safety marshal to assist with the safe operation of the vehicle based at our operations site. As a safety marshal, you will assist in running the deployment and maintaining the safety of the general public, facility members and the security of the vehicles.
Hours are part time, 09:30-16:15 Monday to Thursday and 09:30-12:15 Friday (30.25 hours) starting week of 1st July 2019 and ending on 22nd November 2019. You will be required to have a clear basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check in hand (details to be provided to shortlisted candidates).
Working as a small team and reporting to the site manager, you will share responsibilities for the safe deployment of the vehicles.
- Acting as safety marshal, you will be working 2x 2 hour operational slots per day, this will be outside and will involve walking and being on your feet throughout the operation time. All PPE to be provided.
- Being responsible for the safety of pedestrians in the area of the operation of the vehicle
- Being responsible for the safety of the vehicle as it operates in areas shared with regular road vehicles
- Assisting blind and partially sighted members of Blind Veterans UK in getting in and out of the vehicle including working with guide dogs and other assistance animals
- Assisting passengers with other disabilities as and when required
- Liaising with members of the public, answering questions and representing the company in a professional manner
- Assisting with the completion of the post ride survey with passengers
- Assisting the site manager with vehicle safety checks, basic maintenance work and other tasks as required
- Maintaining a professional attitude at all times
Above all, you will relish the opportunity to work in the new field of autonomous vehicles, be flexible and have a passion for helping people. Specifically you have:
- Full valid driving licence
- Valid basic DBS check
- Great communicator – written and oral
- Great team player
- Self starter
The role will be paid at £9 per hour, 25 days holiday (pro rated) + 8 bank holidays and statutory pension.
Working for Aurrigo at RDM Group:
We are a fast moving ambitious company seeking to make a real change to people’s mobility. Our team is friendly and motivated and we want to recruit similarly minded, can-do people. You will be at the cutting edge of technology development working on projects that have no parallel, you will have a series of world firsts under your belt. The project is challenging and there are many unknowns, you need to be up for this and not be afraid get stuck in.
Please note this is a part time, temporary role, we will not accept applications from contractors. We will not respond to recruitment agencies or contracting umbrella companies.